Saturday, April 21, 2012

Top 5 Disney Villains

Disney, Disney, Disney. Who isn't a fan of Disney? Only people who have never experienced or understand magic. Even the villains were amazing! So that's why I compiled my first list for the new blog: my person Top 5 Disney Villains! Read on, young voyager!

Obligatory Disclaimer: I don't own Disney, or Hercules would get a legit sequel and movies would never go back in the vault. I don't own these pictures, I don't work for the magical Disney. Okay, admitting that part made me sad.

5. Oogie Boogie (Nightmare Before Christmas): The fun, bug-filled villain with a gambling addiction from Tim Burton's masterpiece The Nightmare Before Christmas. This baddy was jovial in an evil way and had his own torture chamber in Halloween Town. He loses points for trying to kill Santa and Jack, but he's still fun to sing along with.








4. Zira (Lion King II: Simba's Pride): This feline was bad. So bad she was good! Yeah, she manipulated her children and made them do her dirty work, but she had no problem taking matters into her own claws! There was no one fitter to be Scar's lion queen.






3. Hades (Hercules): Hades was downright hilarious! He is no doubt one of the funniest villains from the Disney Renaissance era with his dry one-liners and flaming freakouts when his plans don't stay on course. He was legit, however; his bargains were not to be made lightly, even by Hercules himself.








2. Jafar (Aladdin): I have this running joke with my friends that pre-Aladdin, I had a brief marriage to Jafar. I divorced him when I realized he was a bit of a loser and took all of his belongings in the divorce, and he never got over me leaving him. That's why he decided to prove me wrong and thus the movie came to be. Yep, Aladdin is all about Jafar going crazy over my leaving him. Honestly, I like Jafar. He's greasy, he's sneaky, and just oodles of creepy, which is always fun for me. He was surprisingly successful in his mission (which I will never acknowledge to his face if we ever cross paths), even though he didn't get to enjoy the rewards for long. Oh well, still cool.



1. Scar (Lion King): In case anyone was wondering, this is where my bias kicks in. Scar, for me, was the BEST! He actually SUCCEEDED in his plan and ruled the Pridelands for a while! Yes, he was a douche for killing his brother and manipulating his nephew, but Scar was mad cool in everything he did. He ran those hyenas like a pimp, and was slick and cool like smoke. Scar will forever live in legend in my household for how epic he was as a villain and a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment